James Crumpley’s practice involves all aspects of corporate and tax law. He concentrates in the areas of estate planning, individual and business tax planning, tax exempt organizations, contracts, formations, divestitures, acquisitions, mergers and general business transactions. Mr. Crumpley has extensive experience in federal income tax law, as he previously worked for the IRS for nine years as a revenue agent specializing in individual, corporate, partnership and employment taxation. He has formed and has experience representing all types of business entities, and has extensive experience in a wide range of divestitures, acquisitions and mergers involving all types of business entities, both as buyer’s counsel and as seller’s counsel. Mr. Crumpley is also a Certified Public Accountant (inactive).
• Oklahoma Christian College – Bachelor Degree in Accounting 1986 (magna cum laude)
• Oklahoma City University – Juris Doctorate 1995 (summa cum laude, graduated second in class)
• Honors Earned in the OCU School of Law include West Publishing Outstanding Scholastic Achievement Award, Law Merit Scholarship Recipient, RIA Student Award for Excellence in Tax Law, Corpus Juris Secundum Award for Scholastic Excellence in Civil Procedure, American Jurisprudence Awards in various law school subjects.
• Represents various companies in general business and tax matters.
• Develops estate plans for individuals with small, medium and very large estates.
• Representes oil and gas companies in various multi-million dollar acquisitions and divestitures.
• Representes banks and companies in various loan transactions.
• Represented company in its acquisition of 40 chain restaurants.
• Represented seller in the sale of an abstract and title company.
• Represented manufacturer in the divestiture of one of its major product lines and related manufacturing facilities.
• Represents several non-profit organizations in general business and tax matters.
• Represented state run hospitals in their affiliation with a major for profit hospital.
• Represented specialty hospital in its formation and in general business matters.
• Represented large physician group in general business matters.
• Former General Counsel for a natural gas marketing and oil and gas company.
• Oklahoma County Bar Association
• Oklahoma Bar Association
• American Bar Association
• Named among top 100 Attorneys in Oklahoma by the Oklahoma Super Lawyers Magazine
• AV Preeminent Rated Attorney
James L. Crumpley
Direct Phone: 405-286-9676
Direct Fax: 405-286-9559
Use of This Website Does Not Create an Attorney-Client Relationship
Your receipt of any information posted on this website does not create an attorney-client relationship between Cheek & Falcone, PLLC and you. Furthermore, if you send unsolicited email or other communications to attorneys at Cheek & Falcone, an attorney-client relationship is not created. If you are not currently a client of the Firm, any information you provide will not be privileged and may be subject to disclosure to persons outside the Firm.
Moreover, you should not provide unsolicited information to the Firm unless and until we direct you to do so. We cannot represent you or learn any information concerning your case until we know that doing so will not create a conflict of interest with an existing or former client of the Firm.
The information in this website is not legal advice, and you should not take any action based on information you find in this website without first consulting qualified legal counsel concerning the facts and circumstances of your situation.