Robert Roark’s practice has focused on complex business, commercial and environmental litigation. His experience since 1975 includes contract and corporate disputes, shareholder derivative litigation, class actions, construction disputes, insurance matters and commercial litigation. Mr. Roark’s environmental practice has included litigating CERCLA and common law claims, managing PRP groups, negotiating complex settlements and negotiating contracts with site contractors.
• Oklahoma State University – Bachelor of Arts in Economics 1968
• University of Oklahoma – Juris Doctorate 1975
• A lead attorney for the Hardage Steering Committee comprised of prominent national corporations named as defendants in an action by the United State to clean up the Hardage Superfund Site, and is presently counsel for the entity formed to implement the Court-ordered remedy.
• Served as case manager and one of the lead trial counsel for the City of Tulsa, Oklahoma, in an action seeking injunctive relief and damages against several major poultry companies for alleged damage to the City’s water supply resulting from large-scale poultry farming operations.
• Conducted internal investigation and reported to a special committee of directors appointed by a publicly held national retail company to investigate alleged abuses and malfeasance by corporate officers.
• Served with a team of trial attorneys representing an Oklahoma-based insurance group in a six-week trial involving federal securities claims and multiple derivative claims brought by outside directors and shareholders.
• A lead trial counsel in a binding arbitration proceeding involving a construction dispute between the owner of a closed zinc smelting operation and a national environmental contractor.
• Oklahoma County Bar Association
• Oklahoma Bar Association
• Licensed in all Oklahoma State Courts, the Federal Courts in Oklahoma, the Tenth Circuit of Appeals and selected Federal District Courts in other jurisdictions
• Named among the Top 100 attorneys in Oklahoma by the Oklahoma Super Lawyers Magazine
• AV Rated Preeminent Attorney
Use of This Website Does Not Create an Attorney-Client Relationship
Your receipt of any information posted on this website does not create an attorney-client relationship between Cheek & Falcone, PLLC and you. Furthermore, if you send unsolicited email or other communications to attorneys at Cheek & Falcone, an attorney-client relationship is not created. If you are not currently a client of the Firm, any information you provide will not be privileged and may be subject to disclosure to persons outside the Firm.
Moreover, you should not provide unsolicited information to the Firm unless and until we direct you to do so. We cannot represent you or learn any information concerning your case until we know that doing so will not create a conflict of interest with an existing or former client of the Firm.
The information in this website is not legal advice, and you should not take any action based on information you find in this website without first consulting qualified legal counsel concerning the facts and circumstances of your situation.